Become a Member
Circle Craft members include both emerging and established craftspeople whose unique works encompass the traditional and the contemporary and demonstrate excellence in design and craftsmanship. Any British Columbia resident whose work has been accepted by the Circle Craft Selection jury may become a member. Members must purchase five shares at $5.00 each for a total of $25.00, redeemable when the member leaves the Co-op, and pay an annual fee of $63 ($60 + GST) due each January 1st. (Note: each member is a single voting entity regardless of the number of shares owned.)
Circle Craft Shop & Gallery
Open 10am to 7pm - seven days a week
1-1666 Johnston Street, Granville Island
Vancouver, BC V6H 3S2
Telephone 604-669-8021 | Fax 604-669-8585
out of province: 604-669-8021
Circle Craft is currently accepting applications.
Selections occur twice a year; the cut off dates are February 28 for the Spring Selections Jury and August 31 for the Fall Jury.
Circle Craft Selections Process to become a Member of Circle Craft Co-op.
The Selections Committee considers submissions from British Columbian craftspeople who are interested in marketing their work through Circle Craft Co-operative on Granville Island. The Committee is comprised of Circle Craft Board members, Circle Craft Co-op Members, and individuals from the community who have an interest or professional association with craft and it is advised by the co-op manager. The submission process is divided into 2 stages: Selections Stage 1 and Selections Stage 2.
The Selections Committee bases its decisions on the following criteria:
- excellence of design and fabrication
- uniqueness and/or originality of concept and design
- is the work a duplication of what is being produced by the existing membership
- does the work fall within the guidelines noted below on non-acceptable work
Selections Stage 1
Submissions to the Selections Committee should include the following:
- 6+ digital images of the artist’s work in jpeg format - these images should be of a quality that best represents the work to be sold at Circle Craft
- the craftsperson's CV and photograph
- an artist statement
- specific information about the work concerning materials and process
- suggested retail prices for all images submitted
- full contact information, including phone number, current mailing address and email address
The text documents should be in separate Word or PDF documents. No critiques are given. Selections Stage 1 material may be submitted throughout the year for the next jury session. There is no cost to submit.
Please submit by email to info at circlecraft dot net attention selections.
Please note: if you are unable to provide the above digital files then please contact us for guidance at 604.801.5220
Selections Stage 1 material should be mailed to:
Attn: Selections Committee
#203-1537 West 8th Ave.
Vancouver, BC V6J 1T5
Selections Stage 2
If an individual’s work from Selections Stage 1 is considered to be appropriate and of interest, the Selections Committee will then invite the craftsperson to submit actual samples of the work for further deliberation before a final decision is made. At this time, the established, non-refundable Selections Fee of $26.25 ($25 + GST) will apply. No critiques are given.
PLEASE NOTE: At the present time, Circle Craft does not accept the following:
- greeting cards
- hobby crafts
- flower arrangements or potpourri
- decorated stones, sea shells or other found objects
- transfers, decals, decoupage
- liquid embroidery
- work made from kits, commercial patterns (as from pattern books or magazines)
- or from assembled bought and found objects
- work made with a commercial product as the focal point
- work made with commercial moulds
- prints, paintings, graphics
- food or cosmetic products